If you are the only vegan/vegetarian in your group of friends/family, I understand your struggle. However… where there’s a will there’s a way, and trust me when I say you can do it at a burger joint like The Works. And damnn was it good. 😉
So lets start.
- Onion rings
- Big Fat Greek Salad (ask for no feta cheese)
- Waldork (ask for no blue cheese)
- TIP: only vegan dressing is the balsamic
Building the Burger:
BUN: Only Vegan Option is the Everything Bagel
- Gourmet Veggie!!!
- Portobello Mushroom Cap
TIP: The caramelized onions and mushrooms are fried in butter.
- Bananas (if you’re into the Elvis sandwich/burger)
- Hot peppers
- Kalamata olives
- Peanut butter (Elvis 😉 )
- Pineapple (Personal favourite!!)
- Red peppers
- Sundried tomatoes
- Avocado (!!!!)
- Leaf Spinach
- TIP: ask if the fries are not fried in the same fryer as the meat
- Fresh Cut Fries
- Onion rings
- Spicy-Die cut Fries
- Steamed Broccoli
- Cukes (cucumber) and celery
- Weeds (with balsamic dressing)
- Sweet Potato Fries
Sooooooo this is what I decided to get…
I got the Gourmet Veggie Burger on the Bagel with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Avocado, Grilled Pineapple 😏 , and I added ketchup and mustard. YUM! I also got weeds (lol) with balsamic dressing and they gave everyone pickles on the side.
Overall the burger was pretty good and very filling. The bagel wasn’t my favourite option however it did the job. We also shared our sides, so I did have some fries which were obviously DELISH.
Love the Ladies of Sustainability ❤