Long weekend calls for home-baking!
This week we put together a vegan banana muffin recipe, where you can adjust the flavours yourself. Banana nut? Banana blueberry? Banana chocolate chip? Banana raisin? Banana chocolate peanut butter? Or all of them in one? I mean whatever floats your boat.
Recipe adapted from simple-veganista
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour, or flour of choice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light flavored olive oil or warmed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic pure cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 4 small or 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- **Optional: chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, frozen blueberries, peanut butter, cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all dry ingredients ie; flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium/large size bowl and set to the side.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, sugar and vanilla and mix in with the dry ingredients. Temporarily set aside.
- Mash up the bananers, there should be about 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 cups. Add to the batter and mix until it is well combined. If it seems as though the mixture is too dry, add a bit of non-dairy milk.
- This is the step you get to choose your flavours/toppings. Mix in whatever ingredients you would like and adjust accordingly to your liking.
- Scoop into a paper lined or well greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use a toothpick to test the centre, if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
The Ladies of Sustainability ❤