If you want your house to smell like deliciousness, then you gotta make this granola.
Well you’ll also have a pretty good snack laying around…. so what are you really waiting for?
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Mix the oats, coconut, cinnamon, chia seeds and nuts together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, warm the coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla extract and pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring a bit near the halfway point. Since every oven can be different, the time may vary so just keep an eye out to make sure the granola doesn’t burn.
- Add the craisins to the baking sheet in the last few minutes of cooking, so they don’t get hard. (I didn’t do this, which was a big mistake!)
- Once the granola is visibly browned, remove from the oven and leave on the baking tray to cool . Place in a container that has an air-tight seal after about an hour and it should keep for a few weeks.
The Ladies of Sustainability ❤